IT Linux-/ Unix system administrator (m/f/d)
Aachen // Full-time
We have an opening for a
Linux-/ Unix system administrator (m/f/d)
- Creating concepts for complex Linux and Unix systems makes your heart skip a beat. The operation and maintenance of these systems are your daily bread and butter.
- Designing and administering complex LAN and WAN network architectures really gets your juices flowing. And doing all that, you still keep a keen eye on individual project and customer requirements and you are happy to take ownership of the technical side of the project.
- The development and application of scripts in the language best suited for the task at hand is what you do in your sleep.
- Knowhow transfer is a matter of course for you and you support your colleagues from DEV and OPS in every way you can. You are looking for an opportunity, where you can push your personal development in the right direction.
What we expect
- There’s nothing you don’t know about network technology: Switching, VLANs, DHCP/ DNS, routing/ NAT and firewalls are as familiar to you as the back of your hand.
- You live and breathe Linux/ Unix server administration and know the ins and outs of automation tools like Puppet.
- You know better than anyone that the work you do requires discipline, an independent work ethic and solution-oriented action. These are your core competences and you can’t wait to bring your own ideas to the table.
- You value regular, intensive knowledge exchange with your colleagues, as it helps you to hone your skills methodically. You enjoy sharing your knowledge with colleagues within the team and across departments.
What we offer
- Central location near the main railway station Aachen
- Familiar environment
- Fitness room
- Individualised advanced training opportunities
- Agile work environment