IT Network administrator (m/f/d)
Aachen // Full-time
We have an opening for a
network administrator (m/f/d)
- Professional network administration is your passion. You specifically enjoy bringing together complex infrastructures.
- Routing is your second nature. In that area, you are most interested in configuring the path for data streams in large networks and in interconnecting autonomous systems via BGP.
- Packet shaping is not just another buzzword for you. You have the administration and transmission of your data packets under control.
- Service excellence is a matter of course for you and network troubleshooting is part of your daily routine. You offer 1st and 2nd level support to your colleagues and are a competent point of call and knowledge mediator for any questions about our networks.
- You optimise your area of responsibility on a daily basis, add your own ideas to the mix to further your entire team.
What we expect
- You see yourself as a network specialist and you are happy to demonstrate your considerable skills. Firewalling, Linux/Unix, routing, BGP, packet shaping, switching and VPN are your daily bread and butter. These are areas in which you shine.
- You fully understand the importance of automation and are well versed with relevant tools.
- You are a true master of your craft and never lose sight of the meaningfulness and importance of excellence in your work. You are a self-starter, a proactive problem solver, reliable and not afraid to take ownership of your actions.
- You enjoy working in a team and thrive in it. You understand the importance of teamwork and the fact that it improves overall results.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English and you are comfortable communicating in that language with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
What we offer
- Central location near the main railway station Aachen
- Familiar environment
- Fitness room
- Individualised advanced training opportunities
- Free fruit and beverages